This kit has been specifically designed to replace the original SPA 400A Electrical system that was factory fitted to Porsche 996 & 997 Cup Cars.
The original system uses AFFF (Aqueous Film Forming Foam) as the extinguishant which is 97% water, which is not good for the electronic systems in the car!
SPA Extreme systems uses a new environmentally friendly gas extinguishant 3M's Novec 1230, a next generation halon gas replacement, this has zero ozone depletion and is non toxic.
A further bonus with the Novec 1230 gas is that it leaves no residue and has no adverse effect on delicate electrical components.
The Porsche Retro kit includes all the plumbing and hardware to replace the old system and bring it up to date using a 4kg Novec system as its base, but reusing all of the activation and electrical systems that are already fitted to the vehicle.
These plumbed in fire extinguishers are designed for use in closed cockpit cars. They utilise 3M Novec 1230 gas extinguishant dispersed through up to 4 multi directional nozzles to give impressive fire knockdown times and fire out properties in record times.
- Approved to FIA technical list 16 for use in Motorsport
- Uses 3M Novec 1230 gas for faster fire knockdown and fire out times
- Supplied with everything required to install and operate
- Mechanical operation, more cost effective than the electrical equivalent
- 3M Novec 1230 gas is not only highly effective at putting out fires in competition cars, it is also non-toxic, non-conductive and leaves no residue.
Lightweight Aluminium Bottle
Dimensions: Length (Inc Head) 320mm, Diameter 160mm
Cylinder Weight: 5.60kg
Installation Kit Weight: 1.15kg
FIA Technical list 16 approved - FIA Homologation number EX.029.09